Thursday 12 January 2012

Classic White Kitchens - Part 2

It has been a couple of months since I posted Classic White Kitchens - Part 1 so I thought I'd follow up today with Part 2.

I have been working on a project to update a local fisherman's cottage (I will hopefully post some photos of that project in the next couple of weeks). The owners wanted to update the old timber kitchen and of course using white is the best way to bounce light around and give the kitchen a more timeless feel.

White kitchens work well with all styles from traditional, right through to contemporary & modern. Using white as a backdrop also allows you to use pops of accent colour or as the first photo below demonstrates, you can easily add industrial elements to it.



Source Unknown









Source Unknown


I used many of these kitchens as inspiration for the little fisherman's cottage. White gives us a sense of happiness & ease and most importantly in a kitchen, allows us to see any spills that may have occurred!

No comments:

Post a Comment