Friday 13 July 2012

Colour My World...

I remember a few years ago someone close to me asking me what I'll do with all our furniture and decor once I get sick of it. I remember at the time thinking "what on earth are you talking about, this IS who I am and what I like, why would I want to change it".

The older I get, the more I realise that we have core beliefs and we have a core style. The other bits and pieces can change as we get older and change. For me, my preferred core style is classic-contemporary, it always has been and I'm quite sure it always will be. I guess the 'contemporary' part of that equation means that I can change things to keep our home decor feeling up to date (whatever that means at the time). Another massive change I've noticed in myself is my LOVE of colour. I can't quite explain how much I want to immerse myself in all the colour and pattern possible and when I say colour I'm not talking pretty pastels, I'm talking major, bold, vivid pops of colour! I'm thinking bold turquoise or fuchsia couches and heavily patterned accent chairs. I find it energising and invigorating and a perfect reflection of my little family.









Source Unknown





Warwick Fabric - Alhambra

Ah, writing this blog post has made me even more determined to get even more colour into our world!

3 comments:

  1. Horaaaay for happy colors! Great inspirational photos finds Matilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing blog post. All picture's are so beautiful. It's great example of beautiful interiors designing.
    Thanks for sharing awesome post.

    ReplyDelete